Sunday, June 19, 2016

He's Got Your Back

I was recently discussing a serious matter with a friend of mine where both of us had very strong thoughts and feelings involved in the certain decision.

I asked a question that I only wanted to hear one answer to, and, of course, the answer that came forth was the answer exactly the opposite of what I wanted to hear and it felt like it came too soon as I emotionally broke down.
The conclusion was something I had assumed would be, but I still teared up after doing my best to mentally and emotionally prepare myself beforehand.
I was sad, upset, and hurt too, but, at the same time, and even though, it wasn't what I wanted to hear, oddly enough, it was exactly what I wanted to hear. It seems weird, but what I wanted to hear ultimately came down to one thing: honesty...and that's exactly what I got.

With all of this being said, I want to give you one thing to take away from all of this.

My response to my friend, with my less than attractive dripping nose, tears streaming down my face, my throat closed tight, and my hands trembled in an effort to express the thoughts bottled up inside me, I calmly and confidently stated, "...through all of this, there is and lesson, a reason, and a plan.".

And that, my friends, is why I say to never regret anything. You can apologize or feel sorry for something, but to say you regret it is where you make the mistake. The reason I say that is no matter what it is that you could regret, you can also learn from.
There are so many things in life to be sad, hurt, angry, upset, and disappointed about but they all have one thing in common....opportunity. Yes, you heard me right. Remember my statement from earlier? I'll repeat it. "Through all of this, there is a lesson, a reason, and a plan.".

Next time someone or something, somewhere down the line, gives you something you don't want, take it and go with it! Whether it's a repercussion due to a bad decision, something didn't go as you planned, something happened (or didn't happen), or something is taking longer than you had hoped for, make sure to lighten up, relax, and go with the flow. Because, "Through all of this, there is a lesson, a reason, and a plan.".

Remember, just like you have once trusted your friend to catch you during a trust fall, God has got your back in the very same way. Allow him to work in his wondrous ways and be amazed! I guarantee that the next time you experience a moment of confusion, frustration, or hurt, and look up to God and just trust him, you will not regret it. It may take a while, but you will eventually reap the harvest and it will be plentiful of so much more amazing things than you ever thought possible.
 
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord your God with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but, in all your ways, acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment