Saturday, February 27, 2016

No Dream is Too Big


Since a little girl I listened to a program that aired every evening at 6pm during the supper hour. This program, Adventures and Oddysey, spiked mine and my sibling excitement like no other thing. Better than any movie or video game we have played.
 Since a little girl I dreamed of being on the radio and having my voice heard. Being able to say what I want, be creative, be funny, and let my personality shine.
Well, fast forward to a few months ago, very unhappy with the current job I had, I began job searching and what do you know, the radio station located near by was hiring. With having no experience or education in the radio industry my doubts of getting in were big but I thought I would give it a try.
Nearly the moment I walk in, the gal who is in charge of hiring wanted to interview me on the spot. Interviewing me before my application was even given to me or filled out.
Shortly after, they offered me the job of being an on air announcer saying that even though I do not have the experience, I have both the voice and the personality that they have been looking for.

As I write this, I am thinking about how blessed I am here. I love it. Previous jobs I have been burnt out within a few months because I don't feel I can be myself simply because most places honestly don't care for personality and honestly don't like it when you have a mind of your own.
But as I write this, I am currently at the station with a little down time, I think about how blessed I am here with a job that I truly love.
My voice is heard, my personality is able to shine, and I am able to be myself. What else is better than that? Nothing...just about nothing.
Of all the years, I have wanted this kind of job, I can hardly believe that I now have it. Sometimes, I have no idea how except for one thing. Being a determined lady with a drive like no other and I'm not willing to give up for anything.
But that's exactly what Psalm 37:4 says. Seek the desires of your heart, and the lord will grant you them.
With that being said, know that no dream is too big of a dream. No desire is too irrational. If it is in Gods will, it will happen. It may take weeks, months, or even years, but if you seek, you will find. If you continue have patience and trust that God has your best interest in mind, things will happen in your favor. Keep up the strength, keep up the patience, and keep working for what you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment